Serve Alongside Our Missionaries
World Impact seeks to plant churches through the proclamation and demonstration of the Gospel in urban America. Summer staff have the opportunity to serve alongside World Impact missionaries as they minister Christ’s love in a city, school or Christian camp setting.
Summer ministry assignments are eight to 10 weeks in length, depending on the location. Your arrival and departure dates will be determined by the director of the ministry team.
- Health insurance is not provided for summer staff.
- We reserve the right to place summer staff according to need, although your choice of ministry location will be taken into consideration.
- You will be housed with other single men or women in World Impact housing located where we minister.
- You will need to bring personal belongings only.
- Your training will consist of pre-assignment reading, local orientation upon arrival and learning on-the-job!
- For further information, contact the city in which you would like to serve.
- The cost of serving as a summer staff is $100 each week you serve with World Impact.
- Summer Staff are required to raise 100 percent of their costs.
- Network within your church, with friends and with individuals for both financial and prayer support.
- World Impact will help you with the support-raising process. Prior to coming on assignment, you will submit a mailing list to the director in the city in which you will serve. We will mail an introductory letter, which will explain your ministry assignment to potential donors, including cost and instructions for making donations.
- Your ministry director can give you additional ideas to introduce your ministry to others.
- Some summer staff choose not to raise support as they have their own source of funds. In this case, they are expected to arrive with the necessary funds in hand.
- Travel Expenses
- Summer staff are expected to pay for their own travel expenses.
- Excess support raised can be used to reimburse the staff for travel expenses at the end of the summer.
- College Scholarships
- Excess funds raised, up to $2,000, will be sent to your school in the form of a scholarship.
- Checks are mailed mid-October, after all summer staff expenses have been processed.
- Believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior
- Be committed to obeying the Bible as your standard of living
- Be committed to discipleship and seeing others come to know Christ as their Savior
- Be 18 years of age
To apply, visit contact the city in which you would like to serve.