COVID-19 Notice: A message from our CEO Read More

facebook instagram twitter youtube share arrow-right arrow-right2 arrow-left2 bulb plug socket telephone-wires earth newspaper


Ministry Job Training for Ex-Offenders

Who will hire ex-offenders? How can formerly incarcerated men and women with a gifting in ministry successfully transition back into society? Leadership homes exist to bridge the gap between suburban churches, urban churches and ex-offenders looking to serve the Lord through ministry. 

For men like Stephen, their time in prison consecrated a strong faith relationship with Jesus Christ. But upon his release, very little programs are offered to help transition ex-offenders into a position of ministry leadership or pastor. The leadership home is World Impact's vision for men like Stephen to serve the Lord with their gifts and talents, such as cooking. 

It's a proven fact that inmates who are released from prison have a 75% chance of re-offending in the first 3 years. However, if they are involved with a Christian program that offers housing and job training, then that number drastically lowers to 25%. Plus, many of these individuals being released from prison come from urban communities and have experience dealing with issues surrounding crime, drugs and poor communities. That is why going from "prisoner to pastor" is a unique idea. World Impact already is deploying its urban seminary program TUMI (The Urban Ministry Institute) in over 50 prisons across the US. And with World Impact leadership homes, ex-offenders can finish their seminary training and be paired with a ministry or church for secured employment.


February 10, 2016 | David Fulcher

I would like to know how to be part of this training.

February 10, 2016 | Bob Crawford

Such a shame that this type of ministry is not in the forefront of the Christian family. Stephen has been an inspiration to others, and hope is that what he has to give will go beyond the feeding of food to others, but will be a model of leadership that brings some of those “others” to realize the Lord’s call upon their lives.

February 12, 2016 | Rick M. Horne

Hope this gives you an idea of a significant part of our Chester ministry with TUMI—The Urban Ministry Institute.

October 5, 2017 | Sis Denise

Wow Iam so happy to hear about TUMI from some of my guys inside, now some of them are out. I cry to see how they are doing with God’s help and yours. Our ministry is Jesus’ Prayer Ministry ministers all through USA. But have over 75 here in Cali. So I was wondering how do I get connected here in San Diego with you all. Thanks again for sharing and God Bless you. Love and Respect Sis Denise

Be a part of something bigger.

Donate Today!
  • World Impact, Inc.
  • 2001 S. Vermont Ave
  • Los Angeles, CA 90007
  • 323-735-1137
© 2020 World Impact, Inc. All rights reserved.