Gain Cross-Cultural and Ministry Experience
World Impact provides vision, training and ministry experience to summer and year-long interns, assisting World Impact missionaries in inner-city ministry.
Interns can expect to leave with cross-cultural experience and training; a theology for ministering to the poor; practical, front line, urban church-planting experience; personal spiritual growth and development; deep, lasting relationships with missionaries and community members; and a personal contribution to evangelism, discipleship and church planting.
Participants receive balanced cross-cultural training including:
- Development of a personal theology for ministering to the poor
- Practical, front-line, urban, cross-cultural church planting
- Personal contributions in evangelism, discipleship and church planting
- Personal spiritual growth through
- Discipleship or small-group involvement
- Spiritual disciples
- Exposure to ministry opportunities, e.g. administration, teaching, camps, youth, sports, music, etc.
- Deep, lasting relationships with missionaries and community neighbors
- Academic training through
- The Urban Ministry Institute
- Missionary Orientation Training Course
- Interns raise 100 percent of their expenses. A single individual receives $650 per month. This amount may be adjusted to include costs for operating a vehicle, vehicle insurance and an individual health insurance plan.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and demonstrate the following:
- A daily walk with Jesus Christ as Lord
- An obedience to a biblical standard of living
- A heart for Kingdom building through a commitment to evangelism and discipleship
Applications are accepted at any time. Interviews take place at the local ministry in which the intern will likely serve. Interns may indicate a location preference during the application process.
- Pre-application—A short questionnaire
- Intern Application—An in-depth, writing application
- On-site Interview—An interview at a World Impact ministry
- Support Raising—After acceptance, World Impact staff work with interns to raise enough support.
- Deployment—When pledges equaling 100 percent of required costs have been received, the intern will officially join their site.
If you are interested in applying, please contact us and we will be in touch with you soon!