Serve as an Urban Missionary
World Impact missionaries:
- are committed to making disciples and planting churches among the unreached, urban poor.
- are called by God to the urban poor.
- demonstrate godly character.
- are competent for the missionary role in which they serve.
- live where they minister— either in the inner city or at one of our camps.
- live and work in the community with other missionaries for support, accountability, and to model the Church to those to whom they are ministering.
- are eager to serve people and are willing to set aside their own agenda for the good of others.
- understand the centrality of the Church in the plan of God.
- are adaptable and flexible in order to function effectively in their community.
- are team players.
Church Planting—Missionaries serve in a variety of roles in locations across the country, the foundation of which is the planting and the building up of the local, urban church through evangelism, equipping and empowering indigenous church leadership.
Support Ministries—Some missionaries serve full time in our demonstrating compassion and justice ministries that support our church-planting efforts, including Christian schools, camps, thrift stores, medical ministries and job training.
Administrative and Operational Support—Missionaries also serve in support roles as accountants, bookkeepers, secretaries, social networkers, website managers, volunteer coordinators and facility managers.
If you are interested in applying, fill out our quick pre-application with your basic personal and contact information. We will be in touch with you soon!
- An evangelical Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior.
- Must be in agreement with World Impact’s Affirmation of Faith and Affirmation of Christian Commitment.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry preferred.
- Must be willing to raise support for salary and expenses.
- If you are interested in applying, fill out our quick pre-application with your basic personal and contact information. We will be in touch with you soon!
- Pre-application—A short questionnaire
- Missionary application—An in-depth, written application
- On-site Interview—An interview at a World Impact ministry site
- Candidate Assessment Program (CAP)—An intensive, six-day assessment and orientation program at which a decision of acceptance is made
- Support Raising—After acceptance at CAP, the support raising process begins.
- Deployment—When pledges equaling 100 percent of required costs have been received, the missionary will be deployed.
If you are interested in applying, contact us and we will be in touch with you soon!